Hair Extensions After Care – Top Tips
9 top tips on how to care for your hair extensions
- After the application of your keratin bonded hair extensions you must not wash your hair for 2 days. This allows the bonds to harden and set properly.
- Tip your head back instead of forward when washing will prevent the extensions pulling on your hair.
- Do not brush your hair when wet, rough dry hair first and then use the correct brush.
- Use a good hair extension shampoo and conditioner which will not strip the hair.
- When washing always rinse the hair well around the bonds
- Dry your hair on a cool setting on your hair dryer and use a good leave in conditioner spray in between washes. Then you can style your hair using curling tongs, straightening iron, hot rollers etc. as you would normally.
- Be prepared to allow a little extra time each day to care for your hair extensions, using a soft natural bristle brush once or twice a day, working your way up from the tip to the root.
- Sleep with your hair in a loose plait to keep bonds separate
- You can even colour your hair, however this is at your own risk and always do a colour test first.
Celeb Hair Extensions can give you a personal set of recommendations based on your specific hair type and condition. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a free initial chat and discussion. Contact Celeb Hair Extensions now